Cooper Union Archive and Exhibition Club
Purpose:1. Support and examine the Cooper Union Archive through an active engagement with, and re-presentation of, the books, objects, and other ephemeral that make up the collection.
2. Investigate methods of monetizing the documents contained in the archive toward expanding the capabilities and resources of the collection.
3. Organize a large scale exhibition that can serve to promote the archive's and Cooper Union's public profile. In turn this will allow for those within and outside of the immediate Cooper community to develop an appreciation and realize they have a serious stake in the construction of our history.
4. Meld this work into our individual artistic, architectural, and engineering practices.
Contribution:1. Connect present day Cooper Union to its historical context.
2. Present a critical examination of the past that can aid in educating our process of institutional renewal.
3. Develop fundraising initiatives in direct support of the archive.
Current Club Officers:
|Anton Luz||Secretary Chairman|
|Kiersten Mercado||Art Student Kiersten|
|Faye Blue||Chief Financial Officer In Chief|
|Sophie Schneider||Mover & Shaker|
|Victoria Sobel||Slider In Cheif|